6.02.2010

It's been altogether too long since I last blogged, but this is what has been going on in our lives the last few weeks:

This little contraption saved our marriage and Taylor's birthday. It was altogether way too hot last week. And I was ready to move into a hotel until we got an air conditioning unit for our bedroom. On Taylor's birthday I nearly woke up in tears. I was so hot I couldn't even be nice. I kind of feel bad for being so lethargic on Taylor's birthday and cranky, but all in all it was a wonderful day spent at the beach and out to dinner without Henry. During dinner we got a phone call from someone from church who was selling their air conditioner, and we drove straight to an ATM and then to their house to buy it. I can't even describe the joy it brings me. Our house was 87 degrees!!!! With this wonderful device, I need a blanket to stay warm at night.

We have also spent a lot of time at the beach these past few weeks, any beach we can find. I actually think Henry thinks the word beach means anywhere you go in your swimming suit. Today we went to a friend's house to play in the sprinkler, and he called it the beach. He is a water baby! And luckily I don't think he inherited my sensitive skin, because he hasn't been sunburned once yet- however I must admit I am pretty religious about applying sunscreen. I have convinced Henry that the sun monsters will get him if he doesn't let me put it all over him.

I am posting this picture reluctantly, because I feel like I look like a large house, but Taylor assures me I don't. I don't really know why I trust him, seeing as how if he admitted that I looked large, I'd probably never speak to him again. But alas, I am posting a pregnant picture- with great hesitation. I just hate only posting pictures of Henry on the blog. After all, the blog is about Taylor and me as well.

Henry now plays pretend very often, and its adorable, but also very annoying. Lately he has insisted that his "friends" eat with him. He won't eat until his animals eat too. And they MUST wear bibs.


If you look closely in this picture you can see the little guys most recent battle wounds. He took a dive off some stairs on memorial day and landed smack dab on his face. He was bleeding out of his mouth and nose, and head! I hate when he gets hurt. ugh. It was sad.

We got the world's greatest deal at a yard sale last week as well....we got this wonderful car for $5! I was beyond excited, and so was Henry when he realized we were taking it home. It was going to be for his birthday...but once he had seen it, we could hardly take it away.

And lastly, we had visitors- and my sister took this adorable picture of Henry. I really wish I had a nice camera like she does. I can't even figure out how to make my pictures not blurry. We didn't take any pics while they were all here, but my highlight of the weekend was getting a babysitter for all the kids and going out to dinner with just adults! And it was great to see my mom. Plus, she bought me a new wonderful sweater.




9 comments:

Jason & Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Taylor!
The pictures are so cute and you certainly don't look like a house of any size.

Kent and Leisy said...

you don't look like a house- maybe just a small teepee. actually you don't look large at all. and just think- you won't be gaining any more weight these last four weeks! it's a lot easier afterwards this second time around, too.

Jeff and Whitney said...

Sometimes I just really miss you when I have a ridiculous story. You are still one of the first people I want to tell. Just thought you should know.

Mike, Kalie, Jason, and Lexie Borynski said...

You are tiny Laney! Do you go swimming in the lake pregnant? You gotta try this place with a pool on Grand Island! I love it there!!!

Autumn said...

Somehow i don't think that metal mixing bowls are an Apple approved MacBook perch. Seriously, lady....

I think you look absolutely gorgeous!

Annie O said...

Thanks for posting again! I check EVERY day so keep it up.

Hugs and kissed to Henry--wish I could be there to take him to the zoo. But we'll save our money and bring you here where we have a whole air conditioned house.

XXOO

Annie O said...

P.S. You are NOT big--you are tiny. You look great and healthy and happy.

MommaMcCarthy said...

that giraffe picture is HILARIOUS. glad to see y'alls are still alive.

Lizzie said...

Laney when are you due? I keep checking your blog wondering if it is soon. Looks like you guys are doing well. Miss you!