6.30.2010

a new baby

Henry and I went for a walk earlier this week and we happened upon this large bear. It was at a yard sale, and the woman running the sale thought Henry should have it. She gave it to him for free. I really had no desire to bring a life size bear home, but how in the world could I tell that to this lady...or to Henry for that matter? Needless to say we brought the bear home.
We also went strawberry picking last week. It was really really hot. And we forgot to bring drinks for the kiddos. After being there for 45 minutes Henry just kept begging and crying for a drink and to be held. As you can see by the looks on their faces here, they were really not happy to be there anymore. It was kind of sad and kind of funny. The picture of Henry and his little friend Taylor in the wagon, cracks me up. They were not happy to be having their picture taken.

We still don't have a name chosen for the baby in utero. It could come at any moment. Really. As I sit here typing, I am having to take breaks for some very painful contractions. I don't know if it's going to come today. I kind of hope not....


Here I am. I started that post earlier this afternoon, and now it's 9 in the evening. I am sitting here in the hospital with a new baby- actually she is not with me, she is in the nursery. We haven't seen her since 5:30 (it's 9) they have to do some blood work and tests and such because she was born with a knot in her cord. They say it probably happened quite a while ago when she was small enough to swim circles in my belly. I think their concern is that she may have missed out on some nutrients or something. Anyway- she is completely healthy and had an apgar score of 9. Here are some pictures: (she doesn't have a name yet. It's narrowed down to Milly or Scout) We'll see what we feel when we get to spend some time with her. We will post again soon with more details and stories! I want to go to sleep.


Here is the knot in the cord. The doctors and nurses thought it was pretty cool. I guess it isn't all that common.


24 comments:

Natalie said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to meet her!!

Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...

Congrats Laney, I hope it was an easy delivery for you

autumnbottom said...

Laney! You are amazing and look so gorgeous for having just given birth. I'm so thrilled for you and your family. I hope that little Milly/Scout (my vote's for Scout, I love me some "To Kill A Mockingbird") gets to be with her momma real soon. Love love love you guys!!

Rachel and Tyler said...

Congratulations! I feel like you just announced you were pregnant. She is adorable.

steph said...

congrats you guys!! why is it that the people who don't want their baby to come early always go into labor a week early. seems so unfair. haha. she is sooo adorable and teeny! i hope i get a chance to see her for real before i move :)

Rachel said...

What a little doll. I can't wait to meet her. Unfortunately, it won't be until I get back from my trip. Plan on a visit from me on July 12th. I will bring you something delicious to eat.

To Kill a Mockingbird is my favorite book, but I still think you should name her Millie. Don't know why. It's cute. I have often thought about naming my daughter Scout but don't know if I will...maybe I will name her Jean Louise.

I am so happy for you.

Rachel said...

P.S. You will still be eating junk on July 12, right?

oswaldcd said...

You look way too pretty to have just had a baby. Millie Scout is
a lucky girl to have you and Taylor
as parents.

Kerstin said...

Congrats! I'm soo happy for you and your family.

Boss said...

Oh my goodness! She's beautiful! You're beautiful! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Henry needed a little sister!

And forget the name dilemma. Here's what I want to know: are you going to the rodeo?

PS: my word verification is "sleard." How's that for a name?

Amber said...

congratulations! What a beautiful family you all made!

Elizabeth said...

Laney-she's beautiful! Congratulations!

Kristen said...

A girl!!! I freaked out when I read "her" on your facebook page. I'm so excited for you! And I'm excited that now you can use all the girly baby things that Leisy has bought over the years. I love both names. That is a toss up. Good luck on deciding!

Jason & Shannon said...

Wow! Congratulations! I'm so excited to see more pictures!

Alaska said...

She's a beauty. Good job! We are so excited for Henry to have a little Sister. He and O can bond over the trials of being followed everywhere...Love the names...can't wait to meet her!

sam and brittney said...

Congrats!! What a cutie! Love either of the names! Can't wait to hear the birth story!

Tasha said...

Congratulations!!

Ashley said...

Oh Laney. Congratulations!! Can't wait to hear about how Henry adjusts!

Ilene Holt said...

Congrats Laney. My first little girl is Amelia and we call her Milly, so I am biased toward that name, but Scout is a pretty darn good name too. Hope you're getting plenty of rest. Congratulations again.

Kami said...

Congratulations! You look GREAT!

Natalie said...

Congratulations! I'm excited Lexi will have a little girlfriend to play with in our ward. Well unless she's like Henry and wants to beat up on kiddos. I'm glad you are on the recovery stage. Good luck with two kids. I think it's tons of fun.

Zach and Nikky said...

Congratulations! You both look great! Can't wait to hear what name you guys decide on.

- Zach and Nikky

Annie O said...

How about MillieScout? All one word? I like that.

You do look beautiful! But then you always have. I'm proud of you and I can't wait to see you all again.

Tell us when and we'll be there.

XXOO to MillieScout and Henry.

Lightning McQueens said...

Megs is tickled pink to have a birthday buddy!!! (ok nothing of megs is pink, so tickled red, grey or orange would be more appropriate). thanks for keeping up with the family tradition. we hope all is well and wish you guys the bestest with the whole parents of 2 thing. what ever happened to ruby? Oh, wait...i think i know;)