7.23.2010

Daysa arrived Wednesday night to relieve me of single parenthood. I don't think I could have taken one more hour of it. I have a whole new admiration for single parents. Granted it may be somewhat easier when you don't have a two year old who demands A LOT of attention and a three week old that has to be fed every two hours, but I nearly lost it. Poor Henry has definitely seen the very worst of me this week. Anyway...it's over. Daysa arrived with this mat that Taylor's mom sent for Henry. This is him at 11pm the night Daysa arrived. We probably should have waited until the morning to show him. He slept with it in his crib.

Daysa even took Henry to the zoo for the afternoon. I met them there after feeding Milly and doing some laundry.

I saw this man riding the carousel with his granddaughter and it made me chuckle. The man looked like an old Drew Carey and he was just so darn big on that horse. I had to take the picture.
And lastly is a very gross picture. When Milly was born the nurses decided to give us the section of her umbilical cord that had the knot in it. They told us that they weren't really supposed to but if we hid it in our bag we could take it home. I kind of felt bad saying no, it is after all a piece of me and Milly, so we agreed, and Taylor took it home and stuck it in the fridge. The nurse mentioned that we could plant it in our garden or something- I guess people do that with placentas and such. Anyway, that was more than three weeks ago. Last night I was cleaning out the fridge and I found it. Gross. I had forgotten all about it. I surely wasn't going to go dig a hole in our landlady's garden and bury it, so I took a picture of it to share here on the blog and I chucked it in the garbage. Good bye umbilical cord.

5 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

thank you for the strange umbilical cord pic. it kind of looks like raw seafood if you ask me. is it so hot and humid in buffalo that you want to die?! toledo is UNREAL.

Nate and Jessica said...

Sickness. And always remember, you aren't alone in your crazed motherhoodness...

yaya said...

I knew Laney would love that last pic. Have fun with family!

Annie O said...

You should have kept it! Milly would have been a hit at her first show and tell with that.

See you tomorrow.

Nannie Annie

Rachel Price said...

your family is looking SO adorable! you guys are amazing! loves.