7.07.2010

Family of Four

Here is baby Milly on our way home from the hospital. She was an easy delivery, although she came a little faster than I would have hoped. My sister Leisy warned me not to wait too long to go to the hospital with contractions in case you get there too late for an epidural. Let's just say I barely made it and she was born only 30 or so minutes after I got that epidural but those thirty minutes were a glorious thirty minutes. Some may wonder if it's even worth it at that point, and I say IT IS! I had forgotten how badly it hurts to have a baby-how is it that I could possibly forget that pain? I hope to never get all the way to a nine again without an epidural. I really wanted to die for a little bit. It's amazing the kinds of things you think about when you are in that much pain, and, how cranky you can be (sorry Taylor). Anyway, when we left the house my contractions were a wonderful 7 minutes apart, and I wasn't even sure I was in real labor, but by the time we made it to our friends house to drop off Henry, they were a little over two minutes apart and I was going to die. By the time we got to the hospital (at 3:15), the time between the contractions felt like nothing and Taylor rushed me to labor and delivery with tears streaming down my face in a wheelchair. At this point, the tears weren't because of the pain, but mostly because I hate having babies and I knew I had to have one soon. Once I got situated the dang nurses wouldn't let me have an epidural until I filled out all the paper work and gave a blood sample. Taylor filled out the paperwork and answered all the questions, while I felt really bad feelings toward the nurses for not calling the anesthesiologist yet. He soon arrived, and by 5 o'clock it was all over, and we had a little girl.
This is kind of a funny picture of the little squirt, but I love it. She is just so darn little. I had forgotten how much newborn babies remind me of E.T.
Here is a crying picture. She actually rarely cries. And she sleeps at night like a champ. She is a way better baby than Henry was, or maybe we are just a little less freaked out to have a new baby in the house. Regardless, this time around is much better.
Henry seems to be adjusting well to Milly, however, he doesn't seem to be adjusting well to us. He is driving us bonkers. He whines a lot and yells. And he has been throwing fits like we have never seen before. However, on a positive note, he hasn't reverted back to diapers. People warned us that the potty training would go out the window with a new sibling, but it hasn't! Hooray for Henry! Actually, hooray for Taylor for potty training him last month.
It's true what they say, your older child seems HUGE when a new one comes along. Henry is now a giant.
I just had to include a picture of the most beautiful flowers I have ever received. My friend Joanna brought them to me in the hospital and I am now a lover of hydrangeas. Who knew they were so beautiful?
And lastly, here we are at the fireworks on Sunday evening: a family of four. Henry loved the fireworks, and Milly slept through them.

15 comments:

Kirsten said...

She looks exactly like Henry!! Their faces are identical! What a cutie!

oswaldcd@msn.com said...

Keep that baby covered up! Shs is
used to 98.6. That is a generational message from Grandma
Mac.

creed and tiffany said...

laney I am soooo excited for you! Like seriously. It's nice to hear that it isn't the nightmare we imagined it to be. I have tons tons of girl clothes that are exactly her size if you want to borrow them. I'll be home on Monday.

Nate and Jessica said...

Laney she is seriously darling. My mom actually told me the news because I was in UT and out of the blog loop. I will try to get to the hospital sooner than you did...

Kent and Leisy said...

I can't really tell who/what she looks like yet. But henry is GINORMOUS! thanks for the pics! put up more!

Bean There...Done That said...

My thoughts exactly Aunt Carol! Wrap that little lady up tight, tight, tight. She is darling!

Amy and Craig said...

Congrats to you on going early and not being in labor forever and for being a fab family of four now! I loved having 2 kids(I love 3 now too, but it took a couple years to catch my breath).

Mike and Carly said...

Milly has the longest legs I have ever seen on a baby! She is going to a supermodel... or WNBA player.

autumnbottom said...

You seriously amaze me. You and all those other INSANE people with two (or more) kids to care for. I can barely keep one kid fed, entertained, and clean let alone a second.

AaReAn said...

OOOOOOOOOH she is absolutely beautiful! congrats you guys! What a good lookin' family!!!!

HowellAZ said...

Yay! Congrats on your new addition - and I have to add that I think Milly is a cute name and seems to fit her (from what I can tell in the pictures, ha). Hope you are recovering well...you look GREAT!

Susan said...

Congrats! I agree, she looks just like Henry.

Steve and Hailey said...

So guess who never told me about baby Milly? Oh yeah, the whole flippin family! :) We're all at your parents house for a family goodbye and Leisy just mentions Milly like I know you had your baby super early! :) It was about three days late in reaching me, but I so thrilled for you both and I just knew it was a girl! Hooray for you guys. She's a doll. I love the first pic with Henry! Good luck with everything. I have to agree that the transition to baby number two is so much easier. Love you guys!

Jodee Luke said...

How can you forget what it feels like to have a baby? Yep...still have nightmares! Sad thing is I had a fairly easy labor! Anyway she is DARLING!!! I love that name and she really is such a doll!

Rachel said...

That first comment by Kirsten was actually me. Sorry if I freaked you out. You were probably thinking, "Who is this crazy blog stalker?" I was on my friend Kirsten's computer.