9.07.2010

face plants and footed pajamas

We had the most fabulous labor day. The weather was cool and wonderful and the food fantastic. I love bbqs. I am going to miss hamburgers, hotdogs, & potato salad. Are you even allowed to eat potato salad in the winter? I don't think you are. Anyway, Henry probably would have enjoyed labor day more had he not fallen on his face. Here is the after shot. I am surprised he hasn't lost a tooth yet.
I think that footed pajamas are the greatest thing ever. These kids look so darn cute in them. At what age do they stop looking cute? It stops somewhere because I really don't think Taylor or myself would look all that cute in them.
I just love this little girl. I really hope she survives Henry and his antics. He drives trucks and cars all over her head, he head butts her regularly, and Taylor said that yesterday while I was at work he dragged her by her legs. Sorry little Milly. We really do try and stop him.
And lastly, this grosses me out:
It's a sweet potato we found in our pantry. I could barely touch it to take a picture. I just couldn't believe it grew so large.

9 comments:

Tasha said...

Oh my gosh, that potato is ridiculous!!!

creed and tiffany said...

You have the most funniest blog posts. I love your thoughts. I seriously laugh out loud. I love footed jammies too. I think they're the cutest thing ever. Especially in kids Henry's age. They're like big people in little people jammies

Annie O said...

Love the potato! And Henry's face looks so sad. And Milly has the biggest eyes--I love her too.

Aaron and Kalle said...

That is how a potato regenerates itself. They are called the "eyes" of the potato. If you were to plant that potato you would get more. I still hate touching the eyes, no matter how many times I have had to do it. I think that footed pj's are good until they are adult size. Maya loves hers and Brayden has no choice.

Carly A said...

Eww that potato made me puke a little in my mouth. Little Milly is so LITTLE! Especially next to Henry. Your kids are just so cute! One day I will meet them... right?!

Rachel said...

You are funny.

Kent and Leisy said...

I don't touch potatoes like that. they make me shiver and gag.

Nate and Jessica said...

And surely you named the potato right?

Steve and Hailey said...

Laney OH MY! How big is your pantry!!! :) That sweet potato is AWESOME! Man, I miss you! We are staying here for Thanksgiving and Steve's brother Wayne is coming. Come if you don't have plans! I think we'll try and visit the Starkeys at Christmas for a week.