10.12.2010

It's been all together too long since we've blogged. I'm working 30+ hours a week and Taylor is busy with school. We also have two children, one of which is no longer the sweet semi-obedient two-year old that he used to be. These past few weeks have been crazy. Henry doesn't go to bed at night anymore without putting up a fight, and he no longer likes naptime. He is also unfortunately displaying these behaviors in public, and he is no longer threatened by timeout. He thinks timeout is funny. Anyone have any ideas??? Taylor had to lay down the law two nights ago and we had a hysterical screaming sobbing child in his room at bedtime for more than an hour. He is lucky we love him. Other than that, life is great. We love Milly. She is perfect for the time being and makes up for her brother's shortcomings. However, I am sure that she too will become a two year old at some point. It's pretty unavoidable. Until then, we are enjoying her perfectness. Here are a few pictures. She looks a lot like Henry did at this age...only smaller.

She sleeps really well. She is ticklish. She smiles a lot. She rarely fusses. She sleeps well. She hates her car seat. She doesn't take a binky! ugh. That is her one shortcoming. I sometimes wonder if I did something wrong while my children were in utero that brought upon this curse. She took it for a month or so, and now she sometimes gags when I put it in her mouth.
In the past few weeks we went apple picking, Henry still talks about it daily. Just this morning he woke up and told me he was leaving to go apple picking.
And this past weekend I was in a wedding. Congrats Ashley & Adam. It was loads of fun. Henry was a mini groomsman. I was a bridesmaid and we had a blast. And I got a new pair of really cute shoes. Here is Henry dancing the night away.
And here he is with the bride

And here we are at dinner. I forgot to take pictures of Milly. She was asleep in her carseat under the table most of the night. But she was cute as can be.

5 comments:

AaReAn said...

oh my I can't believe how big they are getting! And I love you hair...it looks adorable!

Annie O said...

Hallelujah! You're back. I love your hair and your kids.

oswaldcd said...

Great pictures! Thank you.

Kent and Leisy said...

I also love your hair- but I'd like to see the shoes!! henry looks more like you than ever in those pictures!

Steve and Hailey said...

Oh we miss you guys! Can't you move to Chicago now? I'll ask one of our neighbors to move. Laney you can come Zumba with me! I got certified and now everyone better watch out. :)