1.18.2011

Hello dear readers....I want to start out this blog post with a request. These are our friends Rachel & Ryan:
Rachel and Ryan and looking to adopt a baby...and they need your help. The way this adoption thing works is that they post their profile here and they wait. They wait for a birth mom to read through all the profiles and hopefully choose them. But the waiting game can be long and tiresome. And if any of my readers know anyone who may be considering placing a baby for adoption, please direct them to this link. Rachel and Ryan are fantastic. Some of our very best friends here in Buffalo. Henry loves them and Milly does too. We entrust them with our children on a regular basis. They are the ones we called to watch our kids and spend the night when Taylor and I spent the night in the ER for my pancreatitis. Rachel is funny and opinionated and outgoing and compassionate. Ryan is funnier, a little more reserved, incredibly patient, and wonderful with children. Of all the people in the world that deserve a little rugrat, these two are at the top of the list. I wouldn't blog about it if I didn't feel strongly about it. So please, if you know or know of ANYONE who may be considering placing a child up for adoption, send them to Rachel & Ryan's profile! You can also access their profile from the button on the top of our page. Thank you!


This little boy is growing up, and it's hysterical. He says the funniest things. And he loves to play pretend. He is also still obsessed with Mr. Teddy and sippy cups. I found him asleep like this the other day. That's Mac truck with him too.
He carries ALL of his cars and toy story people around with him in a "silver" bag. That's what he calls it, he doesn't understand the concept of something being clear. This picture was taken at 6:45 AM. He sleeps with the bag and won't leave his room with out it. They even bathe with him and he dries them all off individually with his towel. It's really getting annoying but it's too cute to stop.
And here is Milly Goat. Wow she is cute-most of the time. Every once in awhile she looks so much like Henry that I forget she is a girl. I have to keep her in pink just to remind myself.

And lastly, I need your help in convincing Taylor that this bag isn't ugly:

And then I need some help convincing him that I need the bag. He says it's too flashy. I told him that in real life that bag looks even better. It's a little more pink than purple. I love it. I want it. And metallics are really "in" this season- at least that's what the Gap style guide says. Working at the Gap is really hard sometimes. It makes me want so many things.

12 comments:

kenna said...

rachel is a doll. she contacted me through my blog and i want to hug her, so laney, give her one for me.

also, don't think i'm insane, but i would maybe change, 'give up' for adoption to 'place' for adoption. 'give up' is just bad adoption language, and you know, the whole, 'they aren't giving them up, they are giving them more' thing.

'place' is a more friendly word to birth mothers. :)

Rachel said...

Thank you so much for posting this, Laney!! I love you.

I also love your children to pieces.

I'd have to see the bag in real life to know whether or not I love it...I might agree with Taylor that it's a bit flashy.

oswaldcd said...

The bag is perfect for you.

Laney said...

thanks kenna. good idea.

Philip Oswald said...

The bag reminds me a movie prop on the sci fi movie 'Forbidden Planet'. It may protect you from 'Id' monsters.

Annie O said...

I can only judge a product by the cuteness to price ratio. So, what is the price of the bag?

And yes, your children are beautiful! We miss them tons. Can't you find some excuse for needing us to come take care of them while you and Taylor take a break from children?

Tanner Mills said...

that bag looks like giant underwear with no leg holes...

Anonymous said...

shiny is the new black

CLAIR and METTA SEMRAD said...

I'm the anonymous.....

yaya said...

Laney, I will definetly keep your friends in mind if I hear of anyone around the hospital setting that is looking to place their baby or a relatives baby and I will put the word out to all I know. I hope it all works out for them. Your kiddos are so cute and I'm glad you're feeling better.

Annie O said...

So what was the final word on the bag?

Kent and Leisy said...

I'm liking the bag more. any silver ones left?