2.11.2011

Sick. Sick. Sick.

We have been sick around here...REALLY sick. Thankfully the most awful part is behind us, but let me tell you, it was AWFUL. At one point last week Taylor and I determined that it was the worst week of our lives together. We were miserable and tired. Taylor had a 35 page paper to write and I worked all week. I couldn't really take any time off because I had already missed so much in January when I was in the hospital. We were miserable and little Milly and Henry were miserable too. We all had fevers, body aches, horrible coughs, congestion, etc. Milly woke up all night long all week and Henry luckily just slept a lot, coughed a lot, and watched waaay too many movies. We were all cranky and tired as can be. The doctor told us that Milly had what the rest of us had but that in a child her age, it turns into RSV. He said to get her a humidifier and give her lots of fluids, but that she would just have to cough it out with the rest of us. He didn't seem the least bit concerned, but her cough is horrible. It sounds so sad, and it sounds like she is dying too. She seems to have coughing fits at the most inopportune times as well, like at church when it's really quiet or at the library. People just stare at me and I know they are thinking...how dare you bring that child out of the house!...or you need to take that child to a doctor! Well I have taken her to a doctor and he says she'll probably be coughing until March, and the rest of us don't seem to be letting up any time soon either. Anyway, aside from all that, we are fantastic! We aren't miserable anymore and I hope to not sound like an 80 year old smoker for much longer. Our kids are happier too, and those flue shots they got didn't do one bit of good. I never really believed in them anyway. Here is the little Milly Goat in the cutest outfit ever.
I feel like we are treating Milly like some social experiment. It will be interesting to see if she is drawn to girly things like princesses and fairies when all she ever gets to play with is police cars, dump trucks, and trains. We aren't going to be buying any new toys anytime soon seeing as how we have a house full of little boy things.
We went to a Valentine party this week too. Henry helped me make his box. Now whenever he sees a heart he yells..."Hey mom! It's a Valentine!" He sure is cute, but he has been driving me crazy lately. He has started that why? stage. He literally asks the question 100 times a day. And the answer is never enough. Any answer I give him is followed by another why. When does it end?

9 comments:

Annie O said...

I think the pink clothing will help mitigate the boy toys.

But I'll still send girl toys and dolls.

Love ya and Happy Valentines to you all. Tell Henry we love him and a package is its way.

Nannie Annie

Kristen said...

Sorry you're all sick! That does sound miserable. I personally think flu shots are a joke. Anyone I know who has ever gotten them ends up getting the flu anyway. Hope you all start feeling better soon! BTW, little Milly's button up striped sweater is super cute!

Garrett said...

NO!!! no, no, no the "why???" questions never EVER end! But we just got to the point wheres its actually quite funny!

Garrett said...

wait this is melanie, not garrett!

Krystal said...

Sorry you've been so sick. Ben said he thinks it all started with that drink at the Majeroni's house . . .

Kent and Leisy said...

welcome back to the blogging world. I think the millster looks cute in both pictures. She's definitely getting cuter by the day!

HowellAZ said...

oooh - sickness in the family is definitely not a memorable experience. Jett had RSV when he was a wee baby as well and it was just miserable. Glad to hear you are all feeling better now. Those two kids are squeezable! I love Henry with his box. Too cute.

Amy and Craig said...

So great to see so many pix! You guys in for Easter in OH or no? I love the pink bag in the previous blog! I love things flashy though! The pinker/blinger the better!

creed and tiffany said...

Your little Milly is so cute! Seriously! You need to stay home from church if your whole family is sick, dont ya think? You shouldn't feel bad about staying home from church for even an entire month if your entire family is sick and your baby has RSV. I would probably die if my baby caught that because I am a wimpy mom and hate having sick kids.