4.19.2011

Seneca Lake

We went away for the weekend...well really only a day and a half, but it was fantastic. We stayed a house that our Church owns and rents out at Seneca Lake (one of the finger lakes) and it was wonderful. The house is huge, has lots of rooms, and the kids went to bed and we stayed up waaay to late playing games. Staying up til 2 AM just isn't quite as fun when 6:30AM rolls around and your baby is up for the day. But I must say it was totally worth it. We spent our time with these folks...they are the best company around.

We took a little trip to the Corning Glass museum which was pretty cool. We learned all about Fiber Optics, glass blowing, and windshields. They also have a glass modern art section which was my favorite. I love a good art museum. Henry found a new favorite person. This is his friend Dave. We have been hearing all about Dave since we got back.
And little Milly Goat has a new friend as well...her aunt Rachel. That's what we call her anyway. I think Henry might actually think that Rachel and her husband Ryan are actually his Aunt and Uncle.
My favorite piece of modern art. They were gargantuous. I wish I could have placed Milly in there with them to show you scale but it wasn't allowed...that pear was bigger than her.
This is the best family picture we got. Pretty sad.
The beautiful view from the front door of the house.
And lastly, another picture of Milly. I love her in this dress. I bought it back when Henry was 2 months old. When I saw it at the Gap, I knew I had to have it, so I bought it hoping that someday a little girl would come along to wear it.

6 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

is it like a big aspen grove type building? did you guys pay? looks like buckets of fun! and milly is so so so fat! holy smokes.

Rachel said...

I really AM Aunt Rachel, thank you very much! I hope they never forget it!

Laney said...

leisy- it's not like Aspen Grove. Its actually like a big normal house with 5 bedrooms and a garage, back yard etc. It's $200 a night and it's on a giant piece of property with a barn, and the church built a bunch of little cabins on it and a big mess hall, etc. But we were only in the house part.

Natalie said...

Sorry my little Tay ruined your wonderful family picture. He thinks Rachel is his aunt too. He should, since he knows her better than any of his real aunts!

Liz B said...

Laney!! You stayed at the big house at the YW's camp :D!! I can tell because A: You said it was at seneca Lake and B: That 2nd to last picture is the path you take at camp if you wanna go down to the lake for free time! OH WAIT! youve been to camp before! you know what im talking about! anywho!! Looks like fun!!

Liz B said...

WAIT A SECOND! the path down to the lake wasnt concrete! Now im confused... but im pretty sure you stayed at the house by the camp -.-