4.05.2012

Vertical Stripes in My Dining Room

With the help of a very wonderful and hardworking husband and some inspiration and opinions from talented friends, I remodeled my dining room, and I LOVE IT! We haven't quite finished everything, I still need new curtains, and to finish our dining room table, and I haven't done any decorating yet, but my sister is begging for some pics, so here they are. The befores and afters.

The walls were a greenish yellow (I can't believe we waited so long to paint!)
We painted the walls, the bluish buffet, the brown hutch, and a little brown side table.
And here is the new product!!!! It took us a week of evenings to get everything done. The whole project cost us about $100. It was just for paint and supplies. I was a little nervous to do stripes and we almost did horizontal stripes but Taylor convinced me to do vertical, and I love them!


This little side table that we painted white was a side of the road find.
I still need to hang my favorite painting which is just hanging out on the chair. I love this hutch now that it's white!
I need to come up with something to put on the wall above our buffet...anyone have any ideas for me? A mirror maybe or a large clock? Should I hang the painting here from the above photograph?
And here's one last picture of our family that Henry drew. He's at that age where his drawings are starting to resemble anything recognizable and they are adorable!!! I also have lots more pictures to post of them soon.

That's me on top, and Taylor below me. Henry is to my right and Milly is on the left.

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

very cool! i think a mirror would look great above the the buffet. maybe one with a fancy border. Or one of those collage walls that everybody is doing lately. there is one i saw on a blog that I think is pretty cool where you blow up a letter from a magazine for a monogram. here's the link if you're interested!
http://www.younghouselove.com/2009/10/how-to-make-a-magazine-monogram/

nye.jessica@gmail.com said...

Awesome! I think the picture would actually look good above the chair it's sitting on. Get something bigger or a collection of things to go above the buffet.

Brad said...

I love it Laney! I love the pop of colors on the buffet and decor you have sitting on top of it. I think a mirror would look so cute above it. Way to go! Good work by you and your hubby.

Brad said...

Sorry that was me Jana and not my sweet husband Brad. :)

eclaires said...

Great makeover! I love the stripes and I'm totally impressed that you even attempted straight lines with tape. :) Nice job. ~Emery

chris m. said...

It looks FANTASTIC! Great job. Love the stripes, and love the white hutch. I would hang a mirror over your little teal sideboard table.

Whitney said...

It looks great Laney!

Natalie said...

Can't wait to see it finished!

Whitney said...

I LOVE stripes and I agree that the hutch looks great painted white. I think something bigger than the painting needs to go above the table, but I love that painting and it makes me miss the MOA. I am so impressed with you guys!