6.01.2012

Hoshimoto's Disease and other happenings.

I'm posting another top ten from this last month...a lot has happened lately and I've got lot's of pictures to share. These are in no particular order, I just type them as they come to me. This is just the first five, I'll post the next five tomorrow. It will give all my readers something to look forward to.

#10.
I was diagnosed with Hoshimoto's Disease last month. It was actually kind of a good thing. When my doctor officially diagnosed me I smiled and told her I was so happy. She laughed told me she'd never seen someone so happy to be diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. I explained to her that I have an outrageous phobia of cancer, so I was relieved it wasn't that, and I am also so happy to finally have an answer for all these annoying symptoms I've been having. I never would have put them all together as being caused by one disease, and I never would have even gone to the doctor about it, so I'm grateful for a Nurse Practitioner who was overly cautious and discovered my enlarged thyroid and sent me for an ultrasound and additional tests. I'll post more about the disease and symptoms later, but for now, I am excited and hopeful for feeling better and being healthy!


#9
Taylor graduated from Grad School! I was very proud. Unfortunately I missed his graduation!!!!! Due to a series of unfortunate events, (mostly that I lost my keys) I was 60 minutes late and missed him walking and receiving a very fantastic award. I eventually found my keys in the bushes in the backyard (Taylor had our spare set with him!) and dropped the kids off with the sitter, but I was too late. Thankfully (as little Henry kept trying to reassure me as I tore the house apart in tears searching for my keys), Taylor had two graduations and I could go to his other graduation the following week (the more important one! Law School). Anyway, congrats to Taylor on graduating and winning the American Planning Association Outstanding Student Award! It pretty much means he's the most outstanding student in his graduating class. Have I mentioned what a great husband he is too! Probably the best in the world. Really.

 #8
Since Taylor isn't in school anymore (other than his 9-5 job of studying for the NYS Bar) he gets to spend evenings with us! We go out exploring, bike riding, and running! Here we are at Niagara Falls. It was a cold, foggy, wonderful evening and we took a little sightseeing trip for family home evening. The picture on the left is Milly trying to jump in. Going to Niagara Falls with small children really is  horrifying experience because you are so close to the edge and the whole time you are there, all you can think about it your kids plummeting over the railing onto the jagged rocks below.  I've included the phone booth picture because 2 people have jumped over the edge in the recent weeks! And one of them survived!!!


                                                                                             


#7 Henry is all grown up. I took him to his first school dance (it was for the parents to dance with their kids, not an actual dance!)  Henry loved seeing all his classmates, and I loved seeing everyone's outfits. Especially his little friend Christopher in the batman mask and wife beater! Hysterical.





#6
Easter Pictures.  For the first time in my childrens' lives I paid to have their picture taken. And the only reason I did it was because a friend of mine did it, and it was cheap, and easy. They turned out really cute. Most of you saw my favorite of the pics that I posted on facebook, but here it is again, and a few more for your viewing pleasure.







10 comments:

Natalie said...

I love the pictures of Henry and his classmates!

nye.jessica@gmail.com said...

Wow, Anthony has that disease too. I hope you start feeling more like yourself soon. Such exciting news to have Taylor graduate!!!

Classy Clutter said...

I need to do a top 10. Aparently I can only be successful doing one blog at a time. I need to get on my family blog. I'm a slacker. I LOVE the kids pictures and Henry's little dance is adorable.

charity said...

laney your kids are so stinking cute. I hate that I have never met them. my sister ha hashimotos. the meds jist starting kicking in for er and she feels so much better - so I wish the same for you!!!

Annie said...

Love those cute kids. It was fun to be there for tailors graduation (law school!). Hugs and kisses to you all.

Lindsay said...

What cute pics! Niagara Falls looks like a blast...we really need to come visit you guys!

Sorry to hear about your Hashimoto. I have a similar thyroid problem that I learned about when I was 19. Once I found the right level of Synthroid, life was so much better! Funny thing was, it had all come on so slowly I didn't even realize anything was wrong...just thought it was the life of a college student. Looking back now though, it is pretty obvious. So I'm glad your doctors were able to catch it for you!

rawhide said...

cute pictures!! and so happy you found out the problem to your ailments....never a fun process but hopefully you will feel better soon.

Whitney said...

Glad they figured out what was going on! Hopefully they can get you feeling better. Could your kids be any cuter?!! I can't wait to take Max to a dance where he has to dance with me. Those pictures are to die for!

yaya said...

Laney, I needed to catch up with your family! Congrats to Taylor, what a great accomplishment! Your kids are growing so fast and they sure are cute. Milly has a look that just says "pure ornery!" Henry is a heart breaker! Enjoy your summer and I also want to say I love the dining room makeover. I used to have the exact same hutch. Does that make us twins? Wait, I also have a thyroid problem...getting more related daily!

Rachel said...

Where's the other five?

I love everything about this post. Especially those Easter pics.