3.01.2013

I'm very sick.

I've been bragging lately that I haven't been sick in a year. Ever since I started my medication for Hoshimoto's Disease my body has been illness free. One of the symptoms of Hoshimotos is frequent infections, which I was having regularly before I was diagnosed (all the sinus infections were the worst!) Anyway, my prescription ran out last week and between different doctors and changes in my dose, it took awhile to get my prescription filled and I missed a few days.  Then I went to youth conference for the weekend, missed another day or two, didn't sleep well at all, tired myself out and now I am sick. Very sick. Fever, chills, every muscle and bone in my body aches, I couldn't move out of bed Wednesday, all night I had dreams about how horrible I felt, and then for one magical day yesterday I thought I was starting to feel better until 3am this morning when I woke up with a sore throat that feels like someone scraped a cheese grater down my throat, my left eye was stuck shut with eye gunk, my ears hurt, and I was so congested that I was drooling all over my pillow. So here I am, all drugged up wondering if I should call the doctor or just carry on and hope I beat this thing.  But on the bright side, I can blog today. 

Life has been busy lately, very busy. Taylor was sworn in as a lawyer last week for the state of NY. Now we can all call him esquire and he can legally act as an attorney. The ceremony itslef was incredibly boring, but it was a good day. Thanks to  fantastic friend Natalie, who watched out kids all day, we got to spend the day together in Rochester, we went to a quiet wonderful lunch together, and then Taylor drove me up to Seneca Lake where he dropped me off for 3 days of youth conference and he headed back home to take care of the kiddos. Sometimes I am amazed at how wonderful it still is to spend the day with Taylor without our kids, it's like we're dating again. As much as we love those kids of ours, they are A LOT of work!!!!!
 Here's the present I made Taylor for Valentine's Day. It's a crafting pinterest success story. let's ber honest, most of my crafting pinterest attempts are a complete disaster. All the hearts are maps of some of our favorite cities we've visited together. i saw it on pinterest and since Taylor loves maps and big cities, I knew I had to make it.

 This is what happens when i try and take Valentines pictures of the kids. Goodness, my children are not cooperative for the camera.


3 comments:

Annie Oswald said...

Thank you for posting pix. Also, what happened to Henry's head? That's quite the bruise. And lastly I'm sorry you don't feel well. Wish I could take those kids off your hands for a few hours so you can nap. What can we do to help?

Kent and Leisy said...

I love the dress you are wearing with the esquire. and I need a navy cardigan.

Natalie said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! Next time call me to pick up Milly. She likes my house. I love the picture of her, it shows her personality perfectly.